The dean’s office for Foreign students
SPSPMU was opened in 1905 and now it is the oldest unaffiliated pediatric higher educational institution. Students receive high-quality and accessible theoretical knowledge.
Foreign students can study in both Russian and English. Program in English is for the first 3 years, while learning Russian. If it is necessary, foreign students can contact the administration with any questions.
Also, an organization was created by foreign students-the "club of foreign students", which helps students improve their academic performance and organizes scientific, cultural and sports events. Many foreign students are representatives of the University in various sports, cultural and scientific events at the city level. Also, foreign students get acquainted with representatives of this organization, and if necessary, turn to them for help.
To enter Russia it is necessary:
● Not less than 10 days to notify the Dean's Office for Work with Foreign Students by e-mail available on the site ( email@example.com) about the date of entry into Russia and the point of border crossing;
● Receive information about the entry by email;
● Pass the test for COVID-19 by PCR method not earlier than 3 calendar days before the arrival to Russia;
● To have a medical certificate in Russian or English with a negative result of the test when entering Russia.
Upon arrival to Russia:
● Within 72 hours, re-take the test for COVID-19 by PCR method, those living in a dormitory take it at the dormitory observatory. Those residing at a private address at any medical facility
● Isolation is enforced until PCR results are received.
When do I start to study?
● During the period of isolation - study is done in a distance format, if you receive a negative test - in a face-to-face format.
● After receiving the result of the second PCR test, send scans of both certificates with negative results to the university.
● Students are admitted to classes if they have two negative PCR test results.
How do I know if I can enter the Russian Federation?
You can enter the Russian Federation if flights between Russia and your country have been officially re-established. For further information you can contact the Dean's Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 007 812 542-64-56.
What should I do if my visa has expired?
Write to the Visa and Registration department e-mail address email@example.com or call 007 812 295-69-26.
How long does it take to issue an invitation?
An invitation is issued within 20 working days after a full package of documents has been submitted to the Visa and Registration Office.
What tests do I need to take to enter the Russian Federation?
When leaving your home country, you should have the COVID19 test by PCR no earlier than 3 calendar days prior to your arrival to Russia. You should have the certificate (received not less than 3 days prior to your arrival to Russia), confirming the result of negative test for COVID-19 with you at the entrance to Russia (you may be asked to show it at the exit from your country and during the border control in Russia) with a translation into Russian or English.
What to do, if I can't make a certificate in Russian?
you can use the certificate in the original language, with a translation into Russian, certified by the consulate of the Russian Federation.
How many days' advance notice to the dean's office?
What information should be provided to the dean's office prior to arrival?
The foreign student should notify the Dean's Office by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 10 (ten) days prior to arrival indicating the airport, time, flight number, and contact telephone or e-mail.
If I am enrolled in 2020 as a first-year student and am coming to the University for the first time, what do I need to do?
Write 10 days in advance to the Dean's Office for Work with Foreign Students, as well as 3 days in advance to the Chairman of the Housing Committee by e-mail, which is listed on the website (email@example.com).
To start classes on the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizens need:
A negative PCR 3 days prior to arrival A negative PCR result conducted within three calendar days of arrival on the territory of the Russian Federation.
What documents should I provide to the foreign dean's office?
- А document proving my identity, citizenship with a copy;
- The original document on education of the established sample with the appendix to it, legalized in the established order;
- Duly certified translations into Russian of the educational document and its appendix;
- Notarized translation of the passport;
- A medical report confirming the absence of contraindications for studying in the Russian Federation and the absence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and AIDS disease (with translation if necessary);
- 5 photographs (3*4);
- Nostrification - on the territory of the Russian Federation a foreign student must go through the procedure of establishing the equivalence of foreign documents on education. The certificate of equivalence is made out in the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Glavexpertcenter". The list of states, whose documents must undergo the procedure of recognition are listed in Article 107 of the Federal Law № 273-FZ dated December 29, 2012 "On Education in the Russian Federation" or on the website of Glavexpertcenter.
What documents do I need to submit to the Visa and Registration Department?
- a document proving your identity, citizenship with a copy;
- migration card;
- a notarized translation of your passport;
- copy of the contract for study;
- copy of the contract for living in the dormitory.
Where is the foreign dean's office?
2 Litovskaya street, administrative building, 3rd floor, Phone: 007 812 542-64-56 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If I live in a dormitory, how do I announce my arrival?
3 days in advance by phone or email.
Dormitory № 1 8 (812) 2952121 email@example.com
Dormitory № 2 8 (812) 5420048 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dormitory № 3 8 (812) 5526147 email@example.com
Dormitory № 4 8 (812) 5544519 firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the Visa and Registration Office (OVIR)?
2 Litovskaya St., administrative building, 3rd floor
Dean of the Faculty for foreign students
Phone: 007 812 542-64-56
Address: Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Litovskaya st. 2
Agreements and contracts department